I love Rigatoni pasta, always have and I always will. So when my content producer/friend found a Rigatoni Pie recipe on BuzzFeeds ‘Tasty’ Facebook page, we knew we had to try it. Scroll down for the step by step recipe.
100g parmesan (plus more for topping)
Jar of tomato pasta sauce
Springform cake tin (I used a pyrex plate)
1) To make the topping, whisk the egg and ricotta in a small bowl and set aside for later.
2) Undercook the ricotta in boiling water by about 2-3 minutes so it is al dente. Drain in a colander and transfer back into the pan.
3) Add a drizzle of olive oil and 100g parmesan and mix thoroughly.
4) Place the pieces of rigatoni upright in the springform pan until it is filled. Spread the ricotta topping on top, then add the pasta sauce.
5) Add a pinch of salt and bake for 200°C for 15 minutes.
6) Remove from oven, sprinkle some more parmesan and add chopped mozzarella. Bake for another 5 minutes at 200°C until the cheese has melted.We thought it was really good and quite easy, but felt it needed a little more sauce.
Recipe Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Photography by: Keona Morrison